Vizlib is delighted to announce the June 2018 release of their Library. Wait, what?! Didn't Qlik Sense just announce their June 2018 release as well? You're not mistaken. To keep things simple, we have decided to closely align our Vizlib Library releases to Qlik with a single exception being that we'll be doing them monthly.
From now on, every month we will take a snapshot of the latest version of each of our Vizlib extensions and package them to a bundled release for you to download together with an overview of what has changed.
Important: you will still be able to download our individual Vizlib extensions in the usual way as and when they are released, outside of the Vizlib Library release cycle.
More Transparency and Overview
Our speed of development, not only in terms of releasing one new extension nearly every month but also in terms of regular feature releases and bugfixes, is fantastic and highly welcomed by a lot of our users and customers.
However, with a lot of agility, we also understand it is very hard to keep track of what the latest version is or what has changed.
To simplify things a bit, we have introduced an additional monthly Vizlib Library release which will provide you with a comprehensive changelog of what has changed in the last couple of weeks.
It's up to you which path you wish to follow: update individual extensions as they are released, or stick to the monthly Vizlib Library release cycle.
If you choose the "Latest Version", you will be downloading the most recent and up-to-date version of each extension.
Qlik Sense June 2018 compatible with Vizlib June 2018
While we work on individual extensions most of the time, occasionally we are also introducing improvements for the collective Vizlib Library. QS June 2018 introduced some very significant changes that have affected some of our Vizlib extensions as well. Having worked with Qlik through the beta phase, we have resolved these issues before the official June 2018 release.
If you're interested in hearing more about what has changed from a developer's perspective, get the background, benefits, FAQs and more on the #QlikBranch Blog ⤵️
nPrinting + Vizlib = <3
We collaborated with the nPrinting R&D team and managed to make our whole Vizlib Library fully compatible with and supported by nPrinting 18+.
You will now be able to create pixel-perfect reports using Vizlib Objects which can be produced in PDF/PPT/DOC/XLS/HTML formats.
We will create some cool demos and how-to videos about this very soon.
Vizlib June 2018 Changelog:
- Qlik Sense June 2018 compatibility.
- nPrinting compatibility with all our Vizlib Objects (requires offline version of our library)
- NEW Vizlib Container extension
- Fixed compatibility with QS June'18 (v2.4.4)
- Fixed compatibility with NPrinting. (v2.4.3)
- The horizontal scroll bar was not persisting the position after applying a selection in some scenarios. (v2.4.2)
- Fixed issue where Alternate States would not work together with search. (v2.4.1)
- Custom Font Family was not working for Headers/Rows. (v2.4.0)
- Drag & Drop was crashing when a column was hidden. (v2.4.0)
- Horizontal scroll could not be combined with drag & drop. (v2.4.0)
- Fixed issue on IPad where horizontal scrollbar was not working/interactive. (v2.3.2)
- Implemented a fix for rare cases where foreign extensions were causing the Table to create duplicate rows. (v2.3.1)
- Fixed an issue where sorting would not work using Master Items. (v2.3)
- Multiselect would not de-select values - this was fixed. (v2.3)
- Null Cell Background color is now working again. (v2.3)
- Improved horizontal scroll repositioning after selections. (v2.3)
- Ability to control the font size for totals (v2.4.0)
- Dynamically re-arrange column order in analysis mode (v2.3)
Vizlib Advanced Text Object:
- Fixed issue with 'Animate numbers' option, where it was shifting the decimal values in some scenarios (v1.4.1)
- Deactivated Animate numbers by default (v1.4.1)
- Add support for multiple number formats in the Animate number property. (v1.4.1)
- Scrollbar was not working when the smart editor was disabled (v1.4.1)
- Horizontal alignment was not working when the smart editor was disabled (v1.4.1)
- Hide vertical-align property when the smart editor is active (v1.4.1)
- Fixed compatibility with NPrinting. (v1.2.2)
Vizlib Bar Chart:
- The legend option was not available anymore on the property panel and in newly created bar charts. (v1.2.4)
- In some scenarios in combination with other Vizlib Extensions, the tooltip was showing a string HTML color instead of the actual color. (v1.2.4)
- Expressions on measures & dimension titles was showing an expression and not the evaluated title. (v1.2.4)
- Legend labels were not displayed when using a custom color palette. (v1.2.2)
- Enhanced UX on the property panel around Single color mode in the Color & Legend section. (v1.2.2)
- Fixed BarChart sorting where in some scenarios were not sorting properly. (v1.2.1)
- Tick Count was fixed (v1.2)
- Some Formatting Options were fixed. (v1.2)
- Stability of data values was improved. (v1.2)
- IE11 compatibility issue fixed (v1.1.3)
- Fixed issue empty values in dimensions would generate unexpected behavior of the Bar Chart. (v1.1.3)
- When data values were enabled, some margin was added in the y-axis showing negative values on the axis despite not having negative values. (v1.1.2)
- When data values are vertical they were not shown when in edit mode. (v1.1.1)
- Prevent clicking/selecting null values as the engine returned an error otherwise. (v1.1.1)
- popup shows HTML text color instead of the actual color in some scenarios. (v1.1.1)
- Secondary Axis is now available. (v1.2)
- Color dimension values by color palette. (v1.2)
- Sort the Legend Items based on the x-Axis. (v1.2)
- Fixed some rendering issues with QS April'18. (v1.3.1)
- Add option to lock Default selections. (v1.4)
- New interactivity option, 'Set Default(s) on open'. Where default selections are applied on sheet open event. (v1.3)
- Fixed compatibility with NPrinting. (v1.4.7)
- Heatmap was not working when stored as a Master Item. (v1.4.6)
- In some scenarios the heatmap tooltip was not hidden when going to edit mode. (v1.4.6)
- Added ability to fill the remaining width & height allocated to the object (Heatmap Settings > Mode > Full size expand) (v1.5)
Vizlib Venn Diagram:
Vizlib Sankey Chart:
- Fixed issues with the dimension titles where these were flicking after selecting an alternative dimension. (v1.0.5)
- Dimension titles were cut in some scenarios. (v1.0.5)
- Prevent titles to overlap when the Sankey object is small. (v1.0.5)
- Expression in labels was not working for both dimensions and measures. (v1.0.4)
- Dimensions were disappearing when the measure selector was hidden. (v1.0.4)
- Bug in color gradient where it was not working as expected in some scenarios. (v1.0.4)
- Dimension titles were missing in some scenarios. (v1.0.3)
- Last dimension title disappears after selecting an alternative. (v1.0.3)
- Some styling props. were not applied on IE. (v1.0.3)
- Fixed some labels being cut off on IE. (v1.0.3)
- The Sankey Chart was not rendering the paths properly in Safari and IPad by default due to the color blending option. (v1.0.2)
Vizlib Scatter Chart:
- Sometimes the negative data points were out of the view and you had to zoom out to see them. (v2.0.4)
- Alignment baseline wasn't working on IE and Firefox. (v2.0.4)
- Dynamic bubble format size was not showing up when 4th measure tooltip was used. (v2.0.4)
- While adding more than 2 measures the y-axis title label was changing position. (v2.0.4)
- Grid was on top of the data points, now it has been placed in the background. (v2.0.3)
- Measure titles in some scenarios were getting overlapped and/or cut off. (v2.0.3)
- Expressions on measure labels were not working, it was displaying the actual expression only. (v2.0.3)
- Vizlib wizard was not showing up. (v2.0.3)
- Font Family was not supported for Bubble Labels and x & y dimension titles. (v2.0.3)
- Expressions on measures & dimension titles was showing an expression and not the evaluated title. (v2.0.2)
- Font Family was not supported for Bubble Labels and x & y dimension titles. (v2.0.2)
- Vizlib wizard was not working. (v2.0.2)
- Fixed extension collision with other Vizlib components, creating some unexpected behavior on the Vizlib tooltips in some scenarios. (v2.0.1)
- Fixed cosmetics issue when the ticks would overlap the titles sometimes (v2.0)
- Hiding y/x ticks on the axis wasn't working (v1.8)
- Bubble Legend was hiding when color Gradient Legend was displayed (in the property panel) (v1.8)
- Axis formatting for 100.0% was showing 100.00% (v1.8)
- Vizlib Scatter Chart now supports logarithmic scales for its x & y-Axis. (v2.0)
- Support for alternative dimensions & measures for the Vizlib Scatter Chart. (v2.0)
- Ability to add background images to the Scatter Chart. (v2.0)
- Added a 4th measure for a custom tooltip (supports HTML). (v1.8)
- Added tick font-size control for x and y-axis. (v1.8)